Why You Should Delete Your Cookies When Booking Travel

Satisfaction
0

Why You Should Delete Your Cookies When Booking Travel

Every once in a while you see cases of why you really should delete your cookies or switch internet browsers when booking travel online. Last night, I was pricing out a ticket from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on February 27 on American Airlines’ website using Safari. I put the $159 round-trip ticket on hold since American Airlines let’s you do it for free for 24 hours.
Here’s where it gets interesting…  I went back again today to buy some more time but that same round-trip ticket jumped $189. See below.
Safari
I decided to see if the price would be different if I used another web browser (Internet Explorer) since there would be no history of me ever being on the site. Sure enough the price went back to the original.
IE
As you can see, just by switching browsers I saved almost $200! But don’t worry if you don’t have multiple browsers, you can just clear your cookies on your computer. Here’s a link that explains how you can do it on your type of computer.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Feel free to write

Post a Comment (0)